I am a firm believer that if I wanted to, I could absolutely rock a mini skirt and I should add that due to my petite frame any small, cute garment including the sexy ones usually work well with my figure. I am a girl like any other who has questions, doubts, fears, and goals just like you. I wake up feeling beautiful one day and hideous the next. I have my confident moments and my moments of insecurity and yet although there is a very vain part of me that will secretly say, "I'd look better in that short red dress than she would". So very evil I know (vain part remember) I have decided a different life for me. Though it might seem I "forbid" myself from certain wardrobe choices my convictions are actually what empowers me. I don't want to be a female that feels better about herself because she feels sexy; I want my confidence, my virtue, and my light to stem from me because I know that God has done an amazing work in my life. He's changed me in ways that even my wardrobe has been impacted but don't think I'm here to bash anyone, you can wear what you want as you wish but here is why I believe every girl should set a standard for modesty.
1. You are valuable as in you are an amazing and wonderful woman (nothing to do with your clothes) and when you value something you don't devalue it, cheapen it or expose it.
2. Men will always associate the way you dress with your sensuality thus making them lust after you if you give them reasons too.
3. Not only will others respect you more for it but you will find a new standard of self respect for yourself.
4. The world of fashion is constantly changing and though it's fun to be a part of the trend we should know that sooner or later less and less clothes to the point of nudity will be the norm. A line must be drawn long before the media pressures you into joining the nudy trend.
5. More and more females are associating their worth with their bodies and looks don't last forever.
6. People will create a perception of who you are based on what you wear (it's the way the world works, sorry) so leave a good impression.
7. Women with insecurities tend to dress provocatively for attention and real issues cannot be addressed to resolve the feelings lurking beneath.
8. When God changes your life He even changes the way you dress, the way you act, the way you walk, and the way you talk. A woman who looks like she just came from a club doesn't look very transformed. Whatever is in one's hearts reflects outward.
What is your heart reflecting?
9. You will find a new value in yourself that doesn't stem from showing some leg but instead your confidence will be in yourself, something that will last a life time.
Let's face it those legs and boobies won't be young forever.
10. Modesty sends a message! It's a statement that you are worth more than the the current trends, worth more than what others think, worth more than acting and dressing like everyone else. You are a child of God, bought with a price and He has called you to be a part of a chosen generation.
If you have some you'd like to add comment down below.
Sign up to recieve exclusive content and stay in the loop!